Swedish Design Award to Paper
Thursday October 20, Holmen Paper’s customer magazine Paper received the Swedish Design Award 2016.
- Paper is solid graphic craftsmanship on a great paper, Holmen TRND. It goes without saying that we’re very proud, says Jonas Lindell, publisher of Paper and Communications Manager at Holmen Paper.
Paper is a customer magazine born in 2015 in cooperation with content bureau Åkesson&Curry and is distributed worldwide in five languages. It comes in a slightly different and larger format, containing 64 pages in the uncoated, somewhat rough and unique paper Holmen TRND 80 gsm, from Hallsta paper mill, Hallstavik. The cover is naturally in Invercote from Iggesund Paperboard.
- We were at a cross roads with our old customer magazine, and in a way it came down to “all of nothing” in the sense that if we, as a paper supplier, should have a customer magazine, it needed to be the best. Otherwise we could just leave it be. That’s basically how our thoughts went. And we chose to invest aggressively and go beyond safe. After all, it’s in our core values to be courageous. We had to really stretch ourselves and once we held the magazine in our hands, it was all we had strived for, says Jonas Lindell.
Holmen TRND – a statement
Paper is printed on Holmen TRND, creating a nice feeling and excellent imaging with a raw surface and structure. This paper product convinced customers whose magazine wants that little extra something.
- We notice that Holmen TRND is used to make clear statements. It holds its place, has an obvious environmental profile and is much appreciated, not least by fashion and art magazines with an attitude, Jonas Lindell states. As all our papers it also adds a savings potential through its low weight and high bulk. It’s simply a modern product.
Paper holds an important role in the Holmen Paper marketing communication, being a content driver for other channels. The mission is clear. It is a generous product, adding value in knowledge and inspiration to existing customers while positioning Holmen Paper to new and potential customers through its level of know-how and its outside-in perspective.
Sofia Nilsson at Åkesson&Curry is the AD in charge of developing the award-winning format, together with Marc Martinez:
- We make a lot of good magazines, but Holmen Paper has had the courage to invest and “go for it” in a way that’s not very common, and that makes it fun to work with Paper. We are finalizing the second edition as we speak, and already I feel it will be even better than the last one. The magazine evolves, and so do we.
Ulrika Häggroth, Project Manager and Senior Strategist at Åkesson & Curry, agrees and points out that the success is built on a fantastic cooperation in the team combined with the courage of Holmen Paper. And what is better proof than to receive the Swedish Design award?
Paper is also nominated for the Swedish Publishing Prize, the winner being announced later this autumn. Along with Katarina Granö at Holmen Paper, Editor Linnea Medelberg at Åkesson&Curry has realized a nice touch and tonality to the magazine.
- As a journalist I am extremely proud of Paper’s high-quality content, it’s a great feeling and a lot of knowledge in the material, concludes Jonas Lindell.