Overall shopping is increasing

There's no dispute that online shopping has a huge effect on the retail business. But, according to a report from The Nielsen Company, looking at the US market, while online shopping is increasing, offline sales in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) market is also performing well.

The report states that although e-commerce accounted for 5% of total omnichannel sales, it drove 40% of its growth. And it's important to not focus on the on- and offline shopping trends individually, but rather to look at the synergies between the two channels. For example, click-and-collect shopping has increased 30% in the past two years – going from 18% of online grocery sales in 2016 to a staggering 48% today. 

The report also shows that the contribution to year-over-year dollar growth is 40% for online sales, and the remaining 60% is offline sales. The online spending per person (in fast-moving conusmer goods) is also increasing rapidly, going from $ 297 to $378 in two years. 

 

}

 

Contact

Holmen Paper
601 88 Norrköping
Sweden

+46 11 - 23 50 00
info@holmenpaper.com

Connect with Holmen Paper

© Holmen Paper 2018